This blog is for the parents and students we teach at PS8M. You can come here to review our learning each day and to check on homework each night. Parents, Please use the "comment" function to keep in touch with us.
Tuesday, October 17, 2017
Sample "Beginning"
Today in class I modeled how to write a beginning to a narrative that focuses on a character who wants to help the environment. I introduced the setting, the problem, and the main character. I used vivid details and I SHOWED the reader, instead of just telling the reader. This is an example to help students refer back to when they write their own PBA.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
-
1st/2nd - Literacy Block After breakfast, we went over the test prep question from last night. Again, we focused on restating the quest...
-
The kids were champs! The Mock was hard...or, well, should I say LONG! Day 1 had 35 multiple choice questions. Day 2 had 7 multiple c...
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you for your comment...